The Laboratory for the Translation of Greek Literature (EMEG) is a workgroup that delves in the translation of foreign works into Greek and Greek works into foreign languages.
Field of research
The Laboratory for the Translation of Greek Literature (EMEG):
- Studies the production of translated work in and from Greek.
- Reviews such translations
- Organizes translation conferences
- Publishes issues or books on contemporary Greek linguistics and translation studies.
- Organizes seminars for the benefit of DFLTI students.
The Laboratory intends to publish a translation of Petrarch's poems done by Greek literary figures, the works of prominent contemporary Greek authors into French.
Director of the Laboratory is Dr. Vassilios Letsios, Tenured Assistant Professor.
DFLTI – Ionian University
Chr. Tsirigotis Square