The Laboratory for the Translation of Greek Literature (EMEG) serves the research and educational needs related to the translation of foreign works into Greek and Greek works into foreign languages.
Field of research
The Laboratory for the Translation of Greek Literature (EMEG):
- Studies the production of translation work by contemporary Greeks in general and by Ionian translators in particular.
- Makes comments on translations
- Organizes translation conferences
- Publishes issues or books on contemporary Greek (but mainly Ionian) linguistics and translation studies.
- Organizes seminars with the participation of students of DFLTI and professors from other universities.
The Laboratory intends to publish Petrarch's poems translated by various Greek litterateurs.
In addition, the translation of texts of some contemporary Greek litterateurs into French is also being prepared.
Director of the Laboratory is Dr. Vassilios Letsios, Tenured Assistant Professor.
DFLTI – Ionian University
Chr. Tsirigotis Square