The Department of Foreign Languages, Translation and Interpreting (DFLTI) connects the academic world to the market through collaborations with professional associations and institutions employing translators and interpreters.
DFLTI recognizes the importance of professional associations as a core point of reference in the translation and interpreting market. This is the reason why collaboration with these associations is of crucial importance.
DFLTI collaborates with the following professional associations:
- Panhellenic Association of Professional Translators Graduates of the Ionian University (PEEMPIP)
- Panhellenic Association of Translators (PEM)
- Hellenic Association of Conference Interpreters (SYDISE)
DFLTI also recognizes the importance of internship, both for the Translation and Interpreting specializations. The department therefore collaborates with institutions employing translators and interpreters in Greece as well as abroad, which can offer such opportunities to its students.
Internship in Greece
Collaboration with scientific, social and academic institutions has been prioritized in this framework, but private sector collaborations are equally important. Some examples:
- Summer Academy of the University of the Aegean
- Panteion University
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Culture and Sports
- Action Aid
- Publishing houses (Kritiki, Psichogios Publications)
- French Institute
- Corfu Regional Court
- Translation agencies in Greece
- Private companies in Greece
Learn more about Internship in Greece.
Internship abroad (Era-Places)
- International Organizations, such as the Press and Communication Office of the Republic of Cyprus in the Council of Europe, the Embassy of Greece in Berlin, the United Nations Regional Information Center, the Permanent Representation of Greece to the EU, etc.
- Foreign universities, such as Universita degli Studi di Verona, Universität Leipzig, University of Malaga, Instituto Cervantes Universitade de Porto, etc.
- Multinational translation agencies, such as TransPerfect Translations, Deladrière Translation, DANONE, etc.
Learn more about Era-places Internship at DFLTI
Internship in public and private companies
The DFLTI collaborates with the following companies:
- ORCO, S.A.
- NLG - Next Level Globalization
- ALPHA CR
- Television Station of the Hellenic Parliament
- RHYME & REASON
- ELITE Language Services
- Heigel Claudia Translation Center
- Agrinio Translation Center
- Network of Translation Centers ERMINIA
The list of collaborating companies is updated on an annual basis
Strategic Framework myOAEDlive.gov.gr
In December 2020, the Greek Manpower Employment Organization (OAED) and DFLTI signed a strategic cooperation framework for the use and management of professional interpreting services for the myOAEDlive.gov.gr teleconferencing platform.
Translation and Interpreting software and services’ companies
DFLTI collaborates with two leading software companies in the field of Translation:
SDL Technologies University Partnership Program
DFLTI is a member of SDL Technologies University Partnership Program, a partner program for university departments that include cutting-edge technology courses in their program of studies.
Memsource Academic Edition
DFLTI has been granted free access to Memsource Academic Edition, an academic software use that makes use of the integrated Memsource Cloud platform and which includes a translation memory, automatic (machine) translation, terminology management and a CAT tool. It is designed for both online and offline use and is intended for universities offering programs in the field of Translation.