The Department of Foreign Languages, Translation and Interpreting (DFLTI) collaborates with professional associations and institutions that employ translators and interpreters, in order to bring students closer to the industry.
Professional associations are constantly active in order to protect the professional rights of the graduates in the field of translation and interpreting both in Greece and at international level.
DFLTI collaborates with the following professional associations:
- Panhellenic Association of Professional Translators Graduates of the Ionian University (PEEMPIP)
- Panhellenic Association of Translators (PEM)
- Hellenic Association of Conference Interpreters (SYDISE)
DFLTI also collaborates indirectly with institutions that employ translators and interpreters in Greece as well as abroad in the context of an optional internship for students.
Internship in Greece
Emphasis has been given to scientific, social and academic institutions. Typical examples are the following:
- Summer Academy of the University of the Aegean
- Panteion University
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Culture and Sports
- Action Aid
- Publishing houses (Kritiki, Psichogios Publications)
- French Institute
- Corfu Regional Court
- Translation agencies in Greece
- Private companies in Greece
Learn more about Internship in Greece.
Internship abroad (Era-Places)
- Offices of international organizations (Press and Communication Office of the Republic of Cyprus in the Council of Europe, Embassy of Greece in Berlin, United Nations Regional Information Center, Permanent Representation of Greece to the EU)
- Foreign universities (Universita degli Studi di Verona, Universität Leipzig, University of Malaga, Instituto Cervantes, Universitade de Porto)
- Multinational translation agencies (TransPerfect Translations, Deladrière Translation, DANONE)
Learn more about Era-places Internship at DFLTI.
Strategic Framework myOAEDlive.gov.gr
In December 2020, the Greek Manpower Employment Organization (OAED) and DFLTI agreed upon the implementation of a strategic framework for the proper use and management of professional interpreting services on the occasion of the launch of the myOAEDlive.gov.gr teleconferencing platform.
Companies that provide Translation and Interpreting software and services
DFLTI collaborates with two leading software companies in the field of Translation:
SDL Technologies University Partnership Program
DFLTI is a member of SDL Technologies University Partnership Program which develops partnership with university departments that have included cutting-edge technology courses in their program of studies.
Memsource Academic Edition
DFLTI has free access to Memsource Academic Edition, an academic software designed for universities offering programs of studies in Translation.
It makes use of the integrated Memsource Cloud platform that includes a translation memory, automatic (machine) translation, terminology management and a CAT tool, for both online and offline use.
Students that use the platform can get the Memsource Student Certificate and become members of the international Memsource community.
DFLTI collaborates with the translation and interpreting company EL-Translations.
The Greek company EL-Translations collaborates with DFLTI in the context of the course Translation Project Management of the MA "Science of Translation". All project managers of the company who teach this course are graduates of DFLTI.