Technical Translation Greek ‒ French III


Teaching Staff: Papas Christian–René
Course Code: TT-7227
Gram-Web Code: ΤΜ3508-1Ε
Course Category: Specialization
Course Type: Compulsory
Course Level: Undergraduate
Course Language: French / Greek
Semester: 7th
ECTS: 2
Total Hours: 2
Erasmus: Not Available
en  pdf.png  Technical Translation Greek ‒ French III
Size: 202.6 KB :: Type: PDF document

Short Description:

Consolidation of the knowledge and skills acquired from the lessons “Technical Translation  Greek- French I &II” by processing and translating specialized texts combining different  technical  and scientific fields. In this course’s context, the students are asked to carry  out an essay (translation and commentary), which are handed out by the end of the semester and are evaluated with 40% of the total grade. The rest 60 % is the result of the final exam. The  layout of the essays are presented by the students in the class during the lessons

Objectives - Learning Outcomes:

The last course on technical translation. The students build on their knowledge from the previous courses on technical translation.

Upon successful completion of the course, the students will be able to:

  • comprehend and analyse complex technical texts, while practising on their correct translation
  • comprehend the specific characteristics of technical texts
  • conduct fluent translations
  • use correctly technical vocabularies and terminology resources
  • be aware of the challenges of technical translation in terminology and morpho-syntactic level
Syllabus:

1st week: description and methodology of the course

 

2nd  week: explaining/clarifying questions regarding to presentations, conducting timetables for the presentations

 

3rd  week:  approaching texts more complex than the ones discussed during the 5th and 6th semesters

 

4th week: translation-commentary on the previously mentioned text

 

5th   week:  1st presentation- discussion in the class

 

6th  week: 2nd  presentation- discussion in the class

 

7th  week: 3rd presentation- discussion in the class

 

8th  week: 4th  presentation- discussion in the class

 

9th  week: 5th presentation- discussion in the class

 

10th  week: 6th  presentation- discussion in the class

 

11th week: 7th presentation- discussion in the class

 

12th week: 8th presentation- discussion in the class

 

13th  week: revision, methodological results

Suggested Bibliography:
  1. G. Mounin: Les problèmes théoriques de la traduction. Gallimard, Paris 1963.

 

  1. D.Seleskowitch, M.Lederer: Interpréter pour traduire. Publications de la Sorbonne/Didier Erudition, Collection Traductologie n. 1, Paris 1984,1986.

 

  1. E. A. Nida, Ch. R. Taber: The Theory and Practice of Translation.E.JBrill, Leiden 1969,1982.

 

    4. A.Hurtadoalbir : La notion de fidélité en traduction. DidierErudition, Paris 1990.

Teaching Methods:

Face to face/ translating and commenting on texts.  Theoretical, methodological and terminology tools of the technical translation are discussed

New Technologies:

Use of ICT in teaching

Evaluation Methods:

Total grade: 40% written essay, 60% written examination


Back
35-years
<< <
February 2024
> >>
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
Today, Tuesday 27-02-2024
No results found for that day
Text To SpeechText To Speech Text ReadabilityText Readability Color ContrastColor Contrast
Accessibility Options