The Laboratory of Legal, Economic, Political and Technical Translation (ENOPOTEM) serves the research and educational needs of Legal, Political and Technical Translation as well as Specialized Terminology research fields.
Field of research
ENOPOTEM has the following goals:
- The production of new knowledge in the field of:
- Methodology of translation of specialized texts
- Didactics of translation of specialized texts through the development of standard teaching programs
- Specialized terminology
- The utilization of modern technologies to assist the work of translators of specialized texts
- The collaboration with research centres, Greek and foreign academic institutions or other prestigious institutions in the field of their specialization
- The translation of reference documents, multilingual specialized dictionaries etc. in collaboration with other specialized institutions
- To cover undergraduate and postgraduate education needs of DFLTI, within the scope of the Laboratory’s interests
- The organization of seminars, symposiums, meetings, lectures and simulation exercises for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- The protection of the Greek language and the promotion of the Greek civilization abroad, with particular emphasis on Greek scientific thinking and its translation products
- The provision of services as provided in Presidential Decree No.159/1984
Director of the Laboratory is the Associate Professor Dr. Michalis Politis.
For more information, visit the official website of ENOPOTEM.