The Laboratory of Legal, Economic, Political and Technical Translation (ENOPOTEM) works on the Legal, Political and Technical Translation and Terminology research fields.
ENOPOTEM has the following goals:
- The generation of new knowledge in the field of:
- Specialized text translation methodology
- Specialized texts translation didactics via the development of standard teaching programs
- Specialized terminology creation
- The use of modern technologies specialized text translators’ workflow
- The collaboration with research centres, Greek and foreign academic institutions
- The translation of reference documents, multilingual specialized dictionaries etc. in collaboration with other institutions
- To cover the DFLTI’s undergraduate and postgraduate education needs as far as the Laboratory’s interests are concerned
- The organization of seminars, symposiums, meetings, lectures and simulation exercises for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- The protection of the Greek language and the promotion of the Greek civilization abroad, with particular emphasis on Greek scientific thinking and its translation products
- The provision of services as provided in Presidential Decree No.159/1984
Director of the Laboratory: Professor Dr. Michalis Politis.
For more information, visit the official website of ENOPOTEM.