The Department of Foreign Languages, Translation and Interpreting (DFLTI) offers students the chance to intern before completing their studies.
Internships are managed and administered by the Hellenic National Strategic Reference Frameworks (ESPA).
Students are offered insurance and remuneration for 2 months during the Summer to work in house in translation companies, language services providers (LSPs) and other companies relevant to the fields of translation or interpreting.
Via these internships, students are given the opportunity to apply the academic knowledge and experience to a real-world situation.
The selection process is based on objective criteria, such as GPA, total ECTS credits, and the semester of studies at the time of applying.
Available companies and entities
Many public and private sector entities participate in the internship program. Scientific, social, and academic institutions are given priority in assigning interns. Examples of organizations that participate in that program:
- Aegean University Summer Academy
- Panteion University
- Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports
- Action Aid
- Publishing houses (such as Kritiki, Psichogios Publications, etc.)
- French Institute of Greece
- Corfu Regional Court
- Translation agencies located in Greece
- Private sector companies located in Greece