The Department of Foreign Languages, Translation and Interpreting (DFLTI) offers an internship scheme.
Internship in Greece is a programme run by the National Strategic Reference Frameworks (ESPA).
Students are offered insurance and remuneration for 2 months during the Summer to work at translation companies, language services providers (LSPs) and other companies relevant to translation or interpreting.
They are given the opportunity to apply the theoretical knowledge gained from their academic experience to a real-world scenario.
The selection process is based on objective criteria, such as GPA, total ECTS credits, and the semester of studies at the time of applying.
Available companies and entities
Emphasis is given to scientific, social, and academic institutions. Typical examples are the following:
- Summer Academy of the University of the Aegean
- Panteion University
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Culture and Sports
- Action Aid
- Publishing houses (Kritiki, Psichogios Publications)
- French Institute
- Corfu Regional Court
- Translation agencies in Greece
- Private companies in Greece