Founded in 1986, the Department of Foreign Languages, Translation and Interpreting (DFLTI) is the only University Department in Greece and Europe dedicated to training Greek-speaking translators and interpreters. The DFLTI accepts students for both studies and traineeship.
How to arrive
At the port, the airport or the coaches terminals there are taxi stations where you can pick a taxi to get to your destination. If you arrive by airplane, you can pick a bus from the bus terminal outside the airport that will bring you directly to the town centre.
There are scheduled journeys by coach (KTEL), from Athens (duration of journey: 5 hours) and Thessaloniki (duration: 4 hours) to the port of Igoumenitsa.
There are frequent every day flights from Athens to Corfu airport (duration of flight: approximately 50 min.) by:
- Olympic Air (Corfu: +30 26610 38187, Athens: +30 210 3550500)
- Aegean Airlines: (Cοrfu: +30 26610 27100, Athens: +30 210 6261000).
Corfu airport: +30 26610 89600
During the summer period (March – October), Corfu is also directly connected by air with other European cities.
Ionian University does not provide any housing. It is your responsibility to find accommodation.
Cost of accommodation
You should estimate to spend approximately 250-400€ per month for housing (depending on the type: flat-sharing, small apartment etc.). Rooms can be found through the internet or by consulting the relevant notice boards located at the entrances of the University’s building facilities.
House Rental Contract
As soon as you find accommodation, you must bring to your Ionian University Department’s Secretariat a copy of your House Rental Contract otherwise, the Secretariat will not be able to proceed to your enrollment.
If you choose to rent privately, please take the following into account:
- Length of contract
- Terms of Contract
- Past reviews
- Arrange temporary accommodation in a hotel or similar before arriving in Corfu so that you can view properties in person
- Do Not pay any money upfront until you have seen the property
- Get a receipt for any money paid to landlords
- Take photos of the property when moving in to show you have left it in the same condition when you leave
For further details on your stay at Corfu, read and download the University's practical information guide.