The Centre for Language and Politics studies the use of language and all forms of verbal and non-verbal communication in politics.
Field of research
The research undertaken in the Centre focuses on three axes:
- The use of language and all forms of verbal and non-verbal communication in politics
- Language policies which may include education policies, policies on minority languages, language normalization, development of special jargon, etc.
- The diachronic study of European and non-European languages as culture vehicle.
The Centre shall pursue the following objectives:
- Primary and secondary research
- Organization of conferences, scientific workshops, lectures, guest speeches, seminars
- Participation in research projects
- Collaboration with scientific centres, institutes, university departments in Greece and abroad with similar research interests
- Presentation of research findings in public and private sector bodies both nationally and internationally
- Undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral research carried out by the students of the Department
Learn more about the MA "Politics, Language and Intercultural Communication".
The Centre is managed by a five-member Committee. The Committee is assisted by the Scientific Committee, composed of renowned academics and researchers in Greece and abroad who have similar research interests.
- Dr. Sotiris Livas, Professor (Director of the Centre)
- Dr. Georgios Michalakopoulos, Associate Professor
- Dr. Maria Tsigou, Associate Professor
- Dr. Sotirios Keramidas, Tenured Assistant Professor
- Dr. Vilelmini Sosoni, Associate Professor
Centre for Language and Politics
DFLTI – Ionian University
Chr. Tsirigotis Square
Asclepius Building (1st floor)
For more information, visit the Centre's website: