The objective of the Laboratory is to contribute to the development of scientific research and the production of knowledge regarding the language of the Ionian islands.
Field of research
The Ionian islands in general, and Corfu in particular, present special linguistic, historical and cultural interest due to their unique characteristics compared to the rest of Greece and Europe.
The geostrategic position of the Ionian islands has played a very important role in this unique tapestry, which is reflected in linguistic, historical and cultural evidence that has been saved by political and military powers.
After all, this very uniqueness was one of the reasons for the founding of Ionian University.
The Laboratory is managed by a five-member Steering Committee.
- Dr. Yorghos Kentrotis, Professor (Director)
- Dr. Foteini Karlafti-Mouratidi, Member of the Special Teaching Personnel
- Dr. Anastasia Parianou, Professor
- Dr. Ioannis Karras, Associate Professor
- Dr. Vassilios Letsios, Tenured Assistant Professor
For more information, visit the official website of the Laboratory: