The objective of the Lab is to contribute to the development of scientific research and furthering knowledge on the linguistics of the Ionian islands.
Field of research
The Ionian islands in general, and Corfu in particular, present special linguistic, historical, and cultural interest due to unique characteristics if compared to the rest of Greece and Europe.
The geostrategic position of the Ionian islands has played a very important role in this unique tapestry, of linguistic, historical, and cultural elements.
After all, this very uniqueness was one of the reasons for the founding of Ionian University.
The Lab is managed by a five-member Committee.
- Dr. Yorghos Kentrotis, Professor (Director)
- Dr. Foteini Karlafti-Mouratidi, Member of the Special Teaching Personnel
- Dr. Anastasia Parianou, Professor
- Dr. Ioannis Karras, Associate Professor
- Dr. Vassilios Letsios, Tenured Assistant Professor
For more information, visit the Lab's website: