The Department has five Laboratories which encompass research and education within each theme:
- Translation of Greek Literature EMEG serves the research and educational needs related to the translation of foreign works into Greek and Greek works into foreign languages.
- Legal, Economic, Political and Technical Translation ENOPOTEM serves the research and educational needs of Legal, Political and Technical Translation as well as Specialized Terminology research fields.
- Geocultural Analyses GEOLAB was founded in 2002 and aims at international collaborations and actions.
- Language and Politics The Laboratory for Language and Politics studies the use of language and all forms of verbal and non-verbal communication in politics.
- Language, History and Culture of the Ionian Islands The Laboratory contributes to the development of scientific research and the production of knowledge regarding the language of the Ionian islands.