The Department has five Labs which conduct research and education on each of the following subjects:
- Translation of Greek Literature EMEG is a workgroup that delves in the translation of foreign works into Greek and Greek works into foreign languages.
- Legal, Economic, Political and Technical Translation The ENOPOTEM lab works on the Legal, Political and Technical Translation and Terminology research fields.
- Geocultural Analyses GEOLAB was founded in 2002 and aims at international collaborations and actions.
- Language and Politics The Center for Language and Politics studies the use of language and all forms of verbal and non-verbal communication in politics.
- Language, History and Culture of the Ionian Islands The Lab contributes to the development of scientific research on the linguistics of the Ionian islands.