The Department of Foreign Languages, Translation and Interpreting (DFLTI) promotes research through its doctoral and post-doctoral studies, its research labs, and by participating in international scientific networks and research programmes.
DFLTI promotes research through its doctoral and post-doctoral studies, its research labs, and by participating in international scientific networks and research programmes.
- PhD Studies The DFLTI offers PhD studies in areas that fall within its research interests.
- Postdoctoral Research DLFTI offers post-doctoral research opportunities to researchers having already obtained a PhD in areas that fall within its institutional research interests.
- Translation of Greek LiteratureEMEG is a workgroup that delves in the translation of foreign works into Greek and Greek works into foreign languages.
- Legal, Economic, Political and Technical TranslationThe ENOPOTEM lab works on the Legal, Political and Technical Translation and Terminology research fields.
- Geocultural AnalysesGEOLAB was founded in 2002 and aims at international collaborations and actions.
- Language and PoliticsThe Lab for Language and Politics studies the use of language and all forms of verbal and non-verbal communication in politics.
- Language, History and Culture of the Ionian IslandsThe Lab contributes to the development of scientific research on the linguistics of the Ionian islands.
- Translation of Greek Literature
- International Networks DFLTI participates in international scientific networks that conduct research in fields related to its research interests.
- Scientific collaborations The DFLTI collaborates with international and domestic organizations, unions and universities within the framework of widening its scientific activities and links with the industry.
- Research Programmes As part of its scientific and research activity, DFLTI participates in European and other programmes.
- Research clusters DFLTI has created an intradepartmental research area which consists of scientific and research clusters.
- Conferences – Workshops DFLTI organizes or participates in conferences and workshops relevant to its institutional fields of research.
- Scientific publications DFLTI contributes to research by publishing scientific journals and volumes.