The Department of Foreign Languages, Translation and Interpreting (DFLTI) has adopted and implements a Quality Assurance Policy (QAP) as part of its strategic planning.
Objective of the QAP
The QAP of the DFLTI aims at providing high-quality services of higher education in the fields of Translation and Interpreting as well as creating an environment that supports research and learning both for students and academic staff.
The QAP of DFLTI is fully harmonized with the Quality Assurance Policy of Ionian University and serves the same academic, learning and research objectives.
In order to implement QAP, DFLTI implements the following quality assurance procedures:
- Control of the relevance of the curriculum’s structure and organization
- Efforts to achieve learning outcomes and qualifications in accordance with the European and the National Framework for Qualifications of Higher Education
- Promotion of quality and effectiveness of teaching work
- Appropriateness of teaching staff’s qualifications
- Promotion of quality and quantity research of the department's academic staff
- Ways to connect teaching with research
- The level of demand for graduates in the labour market
- Quality of support services, such as administrative services, libraries and student welfare services
- Annual review and internal inspection of the undergraduate studies quality assurance system and collaboration of the Internal Assurance Unit Committee (OMEA) with the Quality Assurance Unit (MODIP) of the institution
DFLTI has 4 major objectives:
- Strengthening of teaching work quality through the update of the Undergraduate Programme, the introduction of new methods and the reinforcement of human resources of the Department
- Strengthening and promotion of research activity and innovation through support measures of research programmes in every level of study
- Further connection of the educational process with the labour market and strengthening of the mobility and extroversion of DFLTI through new technologies, international collaboration programmes and promotion of DFLTI’s work
- Improvement of infrastructure and human resources in cooperation with the Rectorate Authorities and the Senate
The actions that DFLTI aims to undertake in order to achieve the above objectives include in general terms:
- Update of courses and learning outcomes of Undergraduate Programme
- Improvement of the required tools for the teaching process
- Increase of collaboration with Greek and foreign universities in order to promote the participation of DFLTI in innovative research programs and the organization of conferences and workshops with original and current scientific and interdisciplinary topics