The Department of Foreign Languages, Translation and Interpreting (DFLTI) has adopted and implements a Quality Assurance Policy (QAP) as part of its strategic planning.
Objectives of the QAP
The DFLTI QAP’s core scope for both its Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs is to provide students with the highest quality education in the fields of Translation and Interpreting and to create an environment that offers opportunities for research to students and academic staff alike.
The QAP is fully harmonized with Ionian University’s Quality Assurance Policy.
DFLTI implements the following QAP procedures:
- Relevance of the curriculum’s structure and organization
- Compliance with the European and the National Framework for Higher Education
- Assurance on academic staff qualifications
- Promoting teaching quality and effectiveness
- Promoting research conducted by the department's academic staff
- Employability of the Department’s graduates
- Quality of services, such as administrative services, libraries and student welfare services
- Review and inspection of the undergraduate and postgraduate studies quality assurance system in cooperation with the Internal Assurance Unit Committee (OMEA) and the Quality Assurance Unit (MODIP).
DFLTI has 4 major objectives:
- Reinforcing teaching quality through continuous update of the undergraduate and postgraduate programs, through the introduction of new methods usage and via reinforcement of academic human resources
- Strengthening and promoting research activity and innovation through support on every level of academic study
- Connecting educational and the market though reinforcement of mobility and extroversion, use of new technologies and international collaboration programs
- Improving infrastructure and human resources in cooperation with the Rectorate Authorities and the Assembly
DFLTI aims to achieve the above objectives, via the following actions:
- Update of the undergraduate and postgraduate programs courses and learning outcomes
- Improvement of the tools required during the teaching process
- Increase of collaboration with Greek and foreign universities and the organization of conferences and workshops with original and cutting edge scientific and interdisciplinary topics.