Code of Ethics of Ionian University
The Ethics Committee of Ionian University (IU) has drawn up the Code of Ethics and Good Practice.
Its provisions stipulate the:
- Duties of the Ethics Committee
- Basic principles of ethics, such as academic freedom, excellence, non-discrimination and the protection of natural and cultural environment
- Rights and obligations of the teaching staff and the students
- Relations between the teaching staff and the students
- Proper management of facilities and resources
- Prohibition and prevention of plagiarism.
Read in detail the Code of Ethics and Good Practice of IU.
Plagiarism constitutes a serious offense against the academic community and violation of the academic code of conduct of Ionian University and is punished according the laws in force.
The Department of Foreign Languages, Translation and Interpreting (DFLTI) has incorporated the TurnItIn software to all courses that require an assignment submission.
All postgraduate students are required to include a short text at the beginning of their thesis main body stating that they have not committed plagiarism. If plagiarism is detected by TurnItIn, then the thesis is rejected.