DFLTI and the Cultural Centre of the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran signed a memorandum of scientific and cultural cooperation.
The agreement includes:
- On-line Farsi courses at a distance (by a Greek-speaking professor paid by the Embassy)
- Provision of educational material
- Organisation of workshops, conferences, exhibitions and cultural and artistic events
- Scientific cooperation in areas of mutual interest
- Publication of collections of scientific-academic books and articles on subjects to be approved by both parties
- A scholarship programme for Greek-speaking translators and interpreters
Farsi courses will start at the beginning of the spring semester.